This website is owned and operated by KD CAPITAL AUCTIONS, LLC., and its affiliated companies (KDAUCTIONS).
- Website registration information – When you register as a user/member of KDAUCTIONS, we ask for your personal information (such as e-mail address and physical contact information) and depending on the service used, financial information (such as credit card or bank account information) so that we can provide you with the website services If you register a credit or debit card, the information that we require to register for the service includes your name, credit or debit card number, card expiry date, card verification number (CVN), address, phone number and email address. For sellers, we also require you to provide your bank account number and, in some situations, your personal address, your business category, a government-issued identification number (for example, social security number or taxpayer identification number for US residents) and certain information about your sales or transaction volume. This information allows us to process payments and protect users from fraud. In some cases, we may also ask you to send us additional information or to answer additional questions to help verify your information. The information we collect is stored within your member account.
- Information we may obtain from third parties – In order to protect you from fraud or other misconduct, we may obtain information about you from third parties to verify the information you provide. For example, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your credit or debit card information and address match the information that you provided to us. Also, for sellers, we may obtain information about you and your business from a credit bureau or a business information service such as Dun & Bradstreet.
- Transaction information – When you use KDAUCTIONS website to conduct a transaction, we collect information about each transaction, including the transaction amount, a description provided by the seller of the goods or services being purchased, the names of the seller and buyer, the type of payment used and correspondence sent to us in connection with these activities.
- Information regarding your use of the website services – In order to protect you from fraud, phishing and other misconduct, we may collect information about your interaction with the service to help validate your identity or detect potentially fraudulent conduct. For example, in some circumstances we may try to determine service usage patterns (such as how quickly you type) so that we can try to detect and prevent unauthorized attempts to access your account (such as automated hacking attacks or the use of stolen usernames or passwords). Any such information that we collect will be only used to detect and prevent fraud or other misconduct, unless you explicitly grant us permission to use it in another manner.
- Logged activity information – When you use KDAUCTIONS website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit the website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Website user communications – When you send an email or other communication to us or to another site User through the KDAUCTIONS website, we may get copies of those emails and may retain those communications in order to process your enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may send you notices of new products or services.
- Links – We may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our website technology, customized content and advertising.
In addition to the above, we use the information that we collect to:
- Provide our products and services to you, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Perform auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensure the technical functioning of our website; and
- Develop new services.
We process personal information on our servers in the United States of America. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to companies or individuals outside of KDAUCTIONS. If you are making a purchase through the KDAUCTIONS website, we may share portions of your transaction with the Seller to identify the transaction, but we will not share your credit card number with the Seller without your opt-in consent, except in the limited circumstances described below. In addition, we will only share your personal information with other companies or individuals outside KDAUCTIONS in the following circumstances:
- As necessary to process your transaction and maintain your account. As with any credit card or other form of payment, if you process a transaction through the service, we may need to share some information (for example, your name, your contact details, wire transfer or credit card number) with the banks and other entities in the financial system that process wire transfer or credit card transactions.
- To collect fees and resolve disputes.
- To provide relevant contact information of the Buyer and Seller to each other after an auction has closed, or in the event of a dispute between the parties.
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of KDAUCTIONS, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- If you are using a credit card issued by the merchant from whom you are making a purchase (a ‘private label credit card’), that merchant will receive your entire credit card number in association with your purchase.
- We may share aggregated non-personally identifiable information with third parties. For example, we may disclose that a certain percentage of our users have a billing address in a particular geographic area or that a certain percentage of users use a particular type of credit or debit card. However, if we do share this aggregated information, we do not include personally identifiable information without your explicit opt-in consent or in the limited circumstances described above.
KDAUCTIONS website may contain links to other websites that are not owned by KDAUCTIONS. If you click on these links you are entering another website for which KDAUCTIONS has no responsibility. KDAUCTIONS does not control the private policies of these third party websites you will be subject to their privacy policies where applicable.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical and technical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
The security of your account also depends on keeping your account password confidential and you should not share your account name or password with anyone. If you do share your account information with a third party, they will have access to your account and your personal information. Therefore, although we attempt to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure, warrant or guarantee that your personal information or private communications will remain private.
Accessing and updating personal information
You can review and update your account information by logging in to your KDAUCTIONS member account. You can also view your previous transaction history.
You can disable your KDAUCTIONS member account by contacting us. If you do so, your payment information and transaction history will no longer be viewable through the KDAUCTIONS website. However, in order to meet our reporting and auditing obligations and to detect, deter as well as prevent fraud or other misconduct on our systems, the information will be retained in our systems. If you disable your KDAUCTIONS member account, your personally identifiable information will not be used by KDAUCTIONS or shared with third parties except for these purposes. We may delete these records over time if permitted or required by law.
Changes to this policy
- Personal information
“Personal information” is information that you provide to us which personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or billing information, or other data which can be reasonably linked to such information by KDAUCTIONS.
- KDAUCTIONS Member Account
You can edit or terminate your account by contacting us.
A “cookie” is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
- IP address
Every computer connected to the internet is assigned a unique number known as the Internet Protocol (IP) address. Since these numbers are usually assigned in country-based blocks, an IP address can often be used to identify the country from which a computer is connecting to the Internet.
- Server logs
Like most websites, our servers automatically record the page requests made when you visit our sites. These “server logs” typically include your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
HAVE AN INQUIRY?
All inquires will be held in the strictest of confidence.